In the event of an emergency, it may become necessary to evacuate the office building. All Floor Response Team personnel as well as general personnel should be completely familiar with the following evacuation procedures.
- In an emergency situation, wait until management or designated Floor Response Team personnel indicated that it is safe and appropriate to evacuate the building.
- If you are directed to evacuate, closely follow the instructions of all Floor Response Team personnel including Floor Wardens, Elevator Monitors, Searchers and Stairwell Monitors.
- Do not exit via the elevators.
- Exit via stairwells after deemed safe to do so.
- Familiarize yourself with the location of all stairwell exits; in the event a stairwell is blocked, proceed to an alternate stairwell.
- Use safe stairwell exit procedures including:
- Remain calm and quiet
- Remove high heeled shoes
- Exit in a single file and keep to the right using hand rails
- Move quickly, but do not run
- Assist those who may have trouble on the stairs or who have been injured
- Treat injuries on stairwell landings only and only when safe to do so