While the office building is structurally designed to minimize earthquake damage, it is wise for all occupants to be well prepared as well as keenly aware of the earthquake emergency procedures.
The following SUPPLIES will be necessary to protect and sustain your employees in the event of an earthquake:
- Food – stock your office with non-perishable and easy-to-store food products such as dehydrated foods and food bars.
- Water – keep at least a three-day supply of purified water. It is recommended that you stock two quarts of water per day, per employee.
- Emergency Lighting – flashlights, flares, light sticks.
- Batteries – keep a fresh supply
- Medical – keep a well-stocked First Aid Kit. Choose kits designed to treat earthquake-related injuries such as heavy bleeding, shock and broken bones.
- Blankets – lightweight fire and shock retardant emergency blankets.
- Radios – portable transistor radios with extra batteries and two-way radios.
- Fire Extinguisher
- Medications – persons on medication should keep a 72-hour supply in their desk.